Fall 2016 Spayne applications are now open until December 30th at 11:30pm!
Dr. Robert W. Spayne Research Grant
The Dr. Robert W. Spayne Research Grant (for work leading to a Master’s thesis or Capstone project) is a competitive grant awarded to assist students in defraying research expenses. Historically, up to three grants are awarded each fall and spring semester by a committee of UMass graduate students, faculty and staff. This year, GSA will award 3 grants per semester. Each grant may be up to $1500. Fall decisions will occur in early February.
Grant applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Did the applicant adhere to application instructions (page limits, required attachments, etc.)?
- Are the budget items listed linked to completion of the thesis/dissertation?
- Will the budget item(s) assist in the completion of the thesis/dissertation?
- Is the research topic something that will add to the applicant’s field of study?
- Is this cutting edge research that will benefit UMass Boston?
Fall 2016 Grant Cycle:
Application available starting: Now! https://umb.collegiatelink.net/form/start/115986
Deadline to submit: December 30th at 11:30 pm
Log in to the SA Groups website at http://www.clubs.umb.edu. (Directions on how to log in are available here: https://gsaumb.wordpress.com/graduate-student-resources/sa-groups-how-to). Once you are logged in, click on “Organizations” and search for/click on the Graduate Student Assembly. From the Graduate Student Assembly home page, click on “Forms” and then select the Spayne application form. Detailed application instructions are included with the online forms. All application forms must be completed and submitted online. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.